Bringing home your cat is the best experience for any cat owner and ensuring it fits in well is another exciting step in making him/her comfortable. You want your home to be where your cat will be able to play and have a peacefully rest in her lifetime. Among the many things we buy for our cat coming home experience is a cat scratching post. It is a place for your cat to play and sometimes be alone for hours on end when taking a nap.
Typically, cat owners choose a scratching post based on material, stability, style, price, and/or brand but one feature that trumps all of that is safety. No matter what brand you choose, it should be certifiably safe and secure for your cat or kitten.
We’ve done a lot of research for you to find the safest and best scratching posts listed below for you to decide which is best for your cat.
Large cat scratching post
1. Vertically Shaped 3-Sided Cat Scratching Post
Cats are natural scratchers and if you are like me looking for a focal point in the cat scratching post, you might want to go for a 3 sided vertical scratching post that will challenge your cats as it has a more impressive design for playing, exploring and lounging around. This will quench your cat curiosity of scratching and keep it off your carpet and furniture with it cardboard feel.
• Durable made from premium cardboard for excessive scratching.
• Attractive to your pet with its’ 3 side design.
• Blend well with your home décor.
• Safe and non-toxic material used.
• Double up as a scratching post, resting place and, play area.
• Ideal for even pet owners with small spaces and apartments.
• Many great reviews in Amazon from pet owners thrilled with this product.
2. Deluxe Multi Level Cat Tree
With a household of multiple cats
fighting for hierarchy supremacy sometimes we are left with no choice but to
buy a scratching post with many resting places. This is a pretty looking cat
tree with sophisticated hammock. Heeding the highest safety standards, you can
let your cats play and rest without fears of them being injured or falling
• Sophisticated cat scratching post with stylish hammock and play area pieces.
• Comes with toy mice to keep your cats playful.
• Ideal for multiple cats.
• Made from quality sisal scratching material keep your cats’ claw in shape.
• Doubles up as a play area and sleeping area.
3. Standing Alone Scratching Post.
Cats are flexible animals and we
invest a lot in cat wheels, enclosures to keep them fit and play aggressively.
With a stand-alone scratching post our cats are able to stretch their paws,
back and lift their hind legs letting them relax completely.
• Easy to disable and assemble.
• Made from non-toxic materials.
• Comes with a toy to distract your cat with a lot of playing.
• Durable with sisal wrapped allover ideal for your cats scratching curiosity.
• Space saving can fit in small spaces.
• Simple and great for training your cat.
4. Floor to Ceiling Cat Tree Cat Scratch Post
The craftsman style of this cat tree fits most every aesthetic and is a timeless look with the floor to ceiling design. You will be able to see your cat better up there enjoying the scenery. Caution for cat owners: it is only made for cats not children and if your cat is allergic first talk to your vet.
• Three tier cat tree.
• Ideal for multiple cats.
• Great for cats who like to enjoy the scenery from up there.
• Height can be adjusted from 240-288 cm.
Article courtesy of Buskercat.com